My experience on Launch22's incubator programme - 6 weeks in!




Hey guys! Thought I'd do a different blog post today. It doesn't feel like it but it's now been six weeks since I've been on the Launch22 incubator programme. I am really enjoying it and already am sad it is about to end soon. 

The programme has been so helpful to me as someone who starting a business. I've never done anything like this before but I've read lots of books about business like The Lean Startup by Eric Ries. I liked reading them but it all felt like it was all theory. 

That is why I really love going to Launch22. The incubator programme gives you the knowledge you need but you are pushed to keep developing your startup outside of 'the classroom'. Also when you are in an incubator like this, you feel like you are more accountable for your startup's success because everybody knows your goals. 

Tom and Fede (course organisers) are really inspiring people too. They are always so kind and supportive of everybody and always there to help like linking you up to mentors. I've also never met people as happy and positive as them! :) The course is so well-structured and that's all down to their hard work. 



The incubatees are so inspiring as well. Every person has such a different business idea from food to apps to coffee subscriptions. But perhaps what I'm most inspired by is everybody's drive to make their lives better. To build a business of their own. To take charge of their future. To seek knowledge. To just show up and try even if the odds are against you. This is so inspiring to me.

I have never done anything like this before. Entrepreneurship always seemed so scary from what you see on tv like The Apprentice. But Launch22 has been a really lovely and friendly introduction to the startup community. It turns out it's not all scary pitches in dark rooms lol. And even pitching is a positive experience too! 

So that is my halfway personal experience of Launch22's incubator programme. I hope to write another blog when the course ends in six weeks after demo day too! Next blog will be about building my MVP and the 'evolution' of it. I'm still in the middle of it but would be good to write something while I'm at the halfway point!

Comments

Popular Posts